Floor Wrap Removal Tips
No matter what you purchase a floor wrap for, whether it’s for a rented space or for a store floor, there will come a time when you are ready to remove the floor wrap. At Instyle Floor Wraps, we want to help you be prepared for when you are ready to remove your custom floor wrap. That is why our professional installation team has put together some easy floor wrap removal tips that will help you have your space looking exactly as it did before the floor wrap was installed.
How to Remove the Floor Wrap
While removing a floor wrap is a fairly simple process, it is important to take your time in order to ensure that you do not cause any damage to the underlying floor material. In order to properly remove a custom floor wrap, you can follow these simple instructions:
- Make sure that the floor wrap is as clean as possible before starting the removal process.
- Evenly heat the area of the floor wrap, where you plan to start the removal process, with an industrial heat gun or a hand held torch. Only heat the area to approximately 50°C or some of the adhesive may end up being left behind.
- Gently lift the edge of the floor wrap with a blade and, once you have a good hand full, begin lifting the floor wrap by pulling it back at a 15° angle.
- Try to keep the leading edge of the removal in a straight line by spreading out your fingers along the top of the removed graphic.
- Pull back slowly for a clean removal.
- If the floor wrap cools before you are finished removing the floor wrap, cut off as much of the removed vinyl as possible and reinstall any lifted edges before reheating and repeating the above steps.
What to do if Adhesive is Left Behind
In the event that some of the floor wrap’s adhesive is left behind, the following steps will help ensure that you are able to remove any remaining adhesive without damaging the floor:
- Lightly bathe the adhesive with a degreaser or adhesive remover, and let it stand for about 1 minute.
- Remove the adhesive with a cloth saturated with adhesive remover or by gently scraping away any adhesive with a squeegee or plastic scraper.
- Rinse the floor with soapy water to neutralize the adhesive remover.
While removing a floor wrap might seem like a good way to save money, if you have any concerns about removing a floor wrap on your own, we can remove it for you. If you would like to learn more floor wrap removal tips, or if you are interested in one of our custom floor wraps, please contact Instyle Floor Wraps at 604-226-3728. You can also stay up to date with the latest news and designs by following us on Instagram and Facebook.